Sunday, May 12, 2013

Siddhartha vs Batman


In this part of the book I can see a cycle that Siddhartha is falling into, as I said in one of my previous blog entries. The cycle that he is falling into consists of changing constantly his way of living. I can see that he is never going to be happy with his life because for a moment he is and then he gets bored and looks for happiness or at least mental and spiritual stability some where else. I am starting to think that even though he fears falling into this cycle and is never pleased with what he has, he will never break this pattern, he will always live this way.

I can relate Siddhartha with Batman. In one way they are similar, they both in one part of their lifes or stories are unsure of the direction of their lifes and what will their future be like. Like Siddhartha, Batman looks for a mentor to tell him what to do or which way is right. This is kind of the same thing Siddhartha does when he is searching for the Illuminated one or when he is part of the Samanas. They both doubt of them selves questioning if they are doing the right thing.



Scornfully "...he had always watched them a little scornfully..." (Pg 62)
-Contempt someone in rejection

Disdain "...with a slightly mocking disdain..." (Pg 62)
-Be unworthy of something

Covetousness " The world had finally caught him; pleasure, covetousness..." (Pg 63)
-Greedy



No comments:

Post a Comment