Most of the nights I dream about events that
happened or will happen to me, but opposite of Gilgamesh I really don’t want to
know what they mean. I prefer living life day by day instead of knowing things
that you shouldn’t know, maybe because I am scared to know if something bad is
coming my way. For me dreams really don’t mean anything, they are just a way
for the worries and memories in your mind to manifest in a certain way.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Spaces In The Mind
Gilgamesh Tablets IV and V
While
reading this part of the book Gilgamesh, I
made a connection with my own life. Gilgamesh has a couple of dreams which wake
him up in the middle of the night feeling agitated. He gets curious and wants
to interpret what each of the dreams mean. Enkidu listens and interprets Gilgamesh’s
dreams; he always concludes that the dreams are fortunate and that they will
lead to a good path. It seems like they both take dreams very seriously and
really believe that their future is all planned out, and that a dream is just a
way to take a glimpse at it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment