As I kept reading, I discovered that he got tired of Buddha and his teachings and wants to go away in search for something else: He is leaving Govinda behind. When he is talking to the Illuminated one he gets surprised of his reaction towards him leaving. Instead of being mad at him, Buddha says that its his choice to leave or stay, he wouldn't persuade him into anything, " I hope you are not mistaken with your reasoning," said the Illustrious One slowly. " May you reach your goal!" (Pg 28).
Now I have a prediction for the rest of the story. Since Siddhartha realizes that the philosophy of the Buddhas teachings is not pressure someone into something, but instead let them decide freely on their future, he may come back. I think this will happen because Siddhartha is trying to escape from the cycles in life. But with the Illuminated one he sees that he is in charge of his own life and with these teachings he may look at his life in a different perspective.
New important vocabulary:
Abode ("Near the town was Gotama´s favorite abode.." pg 20)
-A place to stay or live, a home.
Demeanor ("...two Samanas recognized him only by his complete peacefulness of demeanor,..." pg 22)
-Conduct, Behavior.
Conviction ("...will Govinda ever take a step without me, from his own conviction?"pg 24)
-A fixed or firm belief.
Equanimity ("The Buddhas eyes were lowered, his unfathomable face expressed complete equanimity." pg 28)
-Being mentally or emotionally stable.
No comments:
Post a Comment